We listen to define tailored strategies.
Who We Are
For more than 15 years, Tian has built a career as software engineer, entrepreneur, and IP lawyer in Ottawa, Canada, focused on creating innovative technologies and advising knowledge based industries.
Tian brings a wealth of technical and legal expertise to individuals and enterprises seeking to fortify their business strategies with IP intelligence, and strives to improve their positions while providing the budgetary certainty that they deserve. Tian primarily practises patent, copyright, and trademark laws, including prior art search, patent application drafting and prosecution, infringement opinion, freedom-to-operate assessment, and patent litigation.
Tian obtained a B. Sc. in Computer Science from Technical University of Nova Scotia (now Dalhousie University), and an LL.B. from University of Ottawa.
Tian is a member of the County of Carleton Law Association, Ottawa and Eastern Ontario, Canada.
- Telecommunication and Information Technology
- Geophysical Mapping
- Industrial Control Systems
- Consumer Appliances
- Computer Software and Hardware
- Mobile Apps and Games
- Toys and Educational Tools
- Mechanical and Electrical Devices
With over 14 years of experience in intellectual property practice, Christian provides assistance to a wide range of clients, from start-ups and universities to foreign law firms and in-house counsel for Fortune 500 companies, in securing patent protection for inventions in a large variety of fields.
For Canadian clients, Christian provides guidance and assistance not only in the crafting of patent applications and their worldwide prosecution, but also in analyzing issues relating to freedom to operate, patentability, validity, and infringement.
Having prosecuted thousands of applications in Canada for foreign clients, Christian provides valuable know-how to foreign companies and law firms to effectively navigate the particulars of Canadian practice.
Christian obtained a B. Sc. in Chemistry and a M. Sc. in Inorganic Chemistry, both from University of Ottawa.
Christian is perfectly fluent in both English and French, and is a member of Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC) and American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA).
- alternative energy – biofuels, solar, wind, batteries
- construction industry
- consumer products and mechanical inventions
- environmental technologies and cleantech
- food and beverage products
- oil, gas and petrochemicals – extraction and upgrading
- medical devices
- pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, and agrochemicals
- polymeric, ceramic and metallic materials
- specialty chemicals and industrial chemical processes
- water treatment/purification
How We Serve You
Make Informed IP Decision
Feel Free to Drop Us a Line
Please do not send us by e-mail any unsolicited confidential information.